All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDistillation has historically been the main method for separating mixtures in the chemical process industry. However, despite the flexibility and widespread use of distillation processes, they still remain extremely energy inefficient. Increased optimization and vel distillation concepts can deliver substantial benefits, t just in terms of significantly lower energy use, but also in reducing capital investment and improving eco-efficiency. While likely to remain the separation techlogy of choice for the next few decades, there is doubt that distillation techlogies need to make radical changes in order to meet the demands of the energy-conscious society. Advanced Distillation Techlogies: Design, Control and Applications gives a deep and broad insight into integrated separations using n-conventional arrangements, including both current and upcoming process intensification techlogies. It includes: * Key concepts in distillation techlogy * Principles of design, control, sizing and ecomics of distillation * Dividing-wall column (DWC) - design, configurations, optimal operation and energy efficient and advanced control * DWC applications in ternary separations, azeotropic, extractive and reactive distillation * Heat integrated distillation column (HIDiC) - design, equipment and configurations * Heat-pump assisted applications (MVR, TVR, AHP, CHRP, TAHP and others) * Cyclic distillation techlogy - concepts, modeling approach, design and control issues * Reactive distillation - fundamentals, equipment, applications, feasibility scheme * Results of rigorous simulations in Mathworks Matlab & Simulink, Aspen Plus, Dynamics and Custom Modeler Containing abundant examples and industrial case studies, this is a unique resource that tackles the most advanced distillation techlogies - all the way from the conceptual design to practical implementation. The author of Advanced Distillation Techlogies, Dr. Ir. Anton A. Kiss, has been awarded the Hoogewerff Jongerenprijs 2013. Find out more (website in Dutch)...
- Author BiographyDr. Ir. Anton A. Kiss has a PhD degree in chemical engineering and around 15 years of academic research and education experience, supported by 5 years of industrial research experience in the area of distillation and integrated chemical processes. Currently, he works as project leader and senior researcher in Separation Technology at AkzoNobel Research, Development & Innovation, Deventer, The Netherlands, acting as the key expert in distillation, reactive-separations, and other integrated processes. In his capacity as an award-winning researcher in separation technologies - particularly in distillation - Dr Kiss has given many lectures at universities and conferences and has carried out more than 100 research & industrial projects. He has also supervised numerous graduation projects, and has published several textbooks and more than 50 scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Author(s)Anton Alexandru Kiss
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width151 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.