All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionElectrification is an evolving paradigm shift in the transportation industry toward more efficient, higher performance, safer, smarter, and more reliable vehicles. There is in fact a clear trend to move from internal combustion engines (ICEs) to more integrated electrified powertrains. Providing a detailed overview of this growing area, Advanced Electric Drive Vehicles begins with an introduction to the automotive industry, an explanation of the need for electrification, and a presentation of the fundamentals of conventional vehicles and ICEs. It then proceeds to address the major components of electrified vehicles-i.e., power electronic converters, electric machines, electric motor controllers, and energy storage systems. This comprehensive work: * Covers more electric vehicles (MEVs), hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), range-extended electric vehicles (REEVs), and all-electric vehicles (EVs) including battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and fuel cell vehicles (FCVs) * Describes the electrification techlogies applied to npropulsion loads, such as power steering and air-conditioning systems * Discusses hybrid battery/ultra-capacitor energy storage systems, as well as 48-V electrification and belt-driven starter generator systems * Considers vehicle-to-grid (V2G) interface and electrical infrastructure issues, energy management, and optimization in advanced electric drive vehicles * Contains numerous illustrations, practical examples, case studies, and challenging questions and problems throughout to ensure a solid understanding of key concepts and applications Advanced Electric Drive Vehicles makes an ideal textbook for senior-level undergraduate or graduate engineering courses and a user-friendly reference for researchers, engineers, managers, and other professionals interested in transportation electrification.
- Author BiographyAli Emadi received his BS and MS with the highest distinction from Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, and his Ph.D from Texas A&M University, College Station, USA. He is currently the Canada excellence research chair in hybrid powertrain and director of the McMaster Institute for Automotive Research and Technology at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Previously he was the Harris Perlstein endowed chair professor of engineering and director of the Electric Power and Power Electronics Center and Grainger Laboratories at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago, USA. He was also the founder, chairman, and president of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Technologies, Inc.-a spinoff from IIT.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleEnergy, Power Electronics, and Machines
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note492 black & white illustrations, 58 black & white tables
- Weight1474 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAli Emadi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.