All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe popular AAUSC series of annual volumes for directors of university language programs strives to further scholarship in second language acquisition and teaching with regard to undergraduate programs with multi-section courses. Teaching assistant supervision, teaching assistant professional preparation, and the role of faculty and administrators in postsecondary institutions are some of the topics addressed.
- Author BiographyHiram Maxim received his B.A. from Washington and Lee University, his M.A. from Middlebury College, and his Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin. He taught two years at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville and then six years at Georgetown University before joining the Department of German Studies at Emory University in August 2007 as Associate Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies. In addition, he has taught German at the high school level in Virginia and Istanbul, Turkey and has been awarded yearlong grants by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to study at the Johannes-Gutenberg-Universitat in Mainz and the Freie Universitat in Berlin. His scholarship has been recognized twice for distinction by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL). His research focuses on instructed adult second language acquisition with specific interest in curricular models that support the longitudinal nature of second language development. His forthcoming co-written monograph, REALIZING ADVANCED L2 WRITING DEVELOPMENT IN COLLEGIATE EDUCATION: CURRICULAR DESIGN, PEDAGOGY, ASSESSMENT, documents the potential for the longitudinal development of foreign language learners' writing abilities when a coherent curricular framework is in place. Dr. Maxim is also interested in foreign language teacher education and is currently editing a volume on graduate student teacher education at the college level. Dr. Maxim happily teaches all levels of German as well as courses in applied linguistics. For the past couple of years, he has focused his attention on the first two years of instruction. In addition to his departmental home in German Studies, he is a Core Faculty Member in the Linguistics Program and Director of the Emory College Language Center. Sally Sieloff Magnan received her Ph.D. from Indiana University. She is a Professor of French and Director of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Language Institute. She is also Editor of the Modern Language Journal. She teaches courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels in college teaching methods, second language studies, French language, and topics in French immigration. She received the honor of Chevalier dans l'Ordre des Palmes Academiques and several teaching awards.
- Author(s)Heidi Byrnes,Hiram Maxim,Sally Sieloff Magnan
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/12/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width151 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.