All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoil-structure interaction is an area of major importance in geotechnical engineering and geomechanics Advanced Geotechnical Engineering: Soil-Structure Interaction using Computer and Material Models covers computer and analytical methods for a number of geotechnical problems. It introduces the main factors important to the application of computer methods and constitutive models with emphasis on the behavior of soils, rocks, interfaces, and joints, vital for reliable and accurate solutions. This book presents finite element (FE), finite difference (FD), and analytical methods and their applications by using computers, in conjunction with the use of appropriate constitutive models; they can provide realistic solutions for soil-structure problems. A part of this book is devoted to solving practical problems using hand calculations in addition to the use of computer methods. The book also introduces commercial computer codes as well as computer codes developed by the authors. * Uses simplified constitutive models such as linear and nlinear elastic for resistance-displacement response in 1-D problems * Uses advanced constitutive models such as elasticplastic, continued yield plasticity and DSC for microstructural changes leading to microcracking, failure and liquefaction * Delves into the FE and FD methods for problems that are idealized as two-dimensional (2-D) and three-dimensional (3-D) * Covers the application for 3-D FE methods and an approximate procedure called multicomponent methods * Includes the application to a number of problems such as dams , slopes, piles, retaining (reinforced earth) structures, tunnels, pavements, seepage, consolidation, involving field measurements, shake table, and centrifuge tests * Discusses the effect of interface response on the behavior of geotechnical systems and liquefaction (considered as a microstructural instability) This text is useful to practitioners, students, teachers, and researchers who have backgrounds in geotechnical, structural engineering, and basic mechanics courses.
- Author BiographyChandrakant S. Desai is a regents' professor (emeritus), Department of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, University of Arizona, Tucson Dr. Desai is recognized internationally for his significant and outstanding contributions in research, teaching, applications, and professional work in a wide range of topics in engineering. Dr. Desai has authored/coauthored/edited 22 books in the areas of finite element method and constitutive modeling, and 19 book chapters, and has authored/coauthored about 320 technical papers in refereed journals and conferences. He has served on the editorial boards of 14 journals, and has been the chair/member of a number of committees of various national and international societies and conferences. He has been the founding President of the International Association of Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics, and founding Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Geomechanics (IJOG) published by the American Society of Civil Engineers. Musharraf Zaman holds the David Ross Boyd Professorship and Aaron Alexander Professorship in Civil Engineering at the University of Oklahoma (OU), Norman. He is also an alumni chair professor in Petroleum Engineering. He has been serving as the associate dean for research in the OU College of Engineering since July 2005. Zaman received his baccalaureate degree from the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, and his PhD degree from the University of Arizona, Tucson. He has published 158 journal and 215 peer reviewed conference proceedings papers, and eight book chapters. He also serves as the editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE.
- Author(s)Chandrakant S. Desai,Musharraf Zaman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note495 black & white illustrations, 68 black & white tables
- Weight1020 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.