All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionWith a practical focus on persuasive writing strategies, Advanced Legal Writing: Theory and Strategies in Persuasive Writing explores three classical techniques: logos, pathos, and ethos, and provides students with a thorough introduction to the elements of rhetorical style. Unlike many other advanced legal writing texts, which tend to focus on a document-specific approach, this unique coursebook focuses on classical writing strategies that students can apply to a wide range of settings. The depth and scope of this text make it appropriate for upper-level legal writing courses. The Third Edition has been expanded to include the use of movies and other popular culture media in chapters dealing with literary references. There have also been substantial revisions to the chapter on policy.Features:
- Comprehensive coverage of the technical aspects of rhetorical style: metaphor, literary allusion, and figures of speech.
- Emphasizes theory as well as practice, building on three basic strategies of persuasive legal writing:
- Logos: Logic and rational argument. o Pathos: Value-based argument.
- Ethos: Establishing credibility.
- Highlights interdisciplinary contributions to persuasive writing from diverse fields, including cognitive psychology, classical rhetoric, and morality theory.
- Presents effective strategies that extend beyond the trial or appellate brief to a broad range of documents and settings.
- Covers new developments in cognitive psychology, pathos, persuasion, and the role of metaphor in persuasive legal writing.
- Depth and scope appropriate for upper-level legal writing classes.
- Substantial revisions to the chapter on policy.
- Expanded chapters on literary references w include other media, e.g., movies and other pop culture platforms.
- Author(s)Michael R Smith
- PublisherAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleAspen Coursebook
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.