All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionDue to the rapid increase in the number of mobile device users worldwide, location-based services (LBSs) have become pervasive, and the demand for them will continue to grow. Exploring recent changes in the techlogy and its uses, Advanced Location-Based Techlogies and Services takes an in-depth look at new and existing techlogies, techniques, applications, and opportunities. Under the editorial guidance of Hassan Karimi, with contributions from experts in the field, the book examines the breadth and depth of advanced LBS techlogies and techniques. The book provides up-to-date information on LBSs, including WiFi fingerprinting, geo-crowdsouring, and location privacy as well as application areas such as LBSs for public health, indoor navigation, pedestrian navigation, and advertising. Highlights include discussions of Location-Based Social Networking (LBSN) and the latest developments in geospatial clouds and how they can be used. It takes a look into the future with coverage of emerging techlogies that will shape the future generation of LBSs. Carefully designed to cover a range of topics for readers at different levels and with different backgrounds, the book provides a balance of kwledge between LBS theories, techlogies, and applications. The caliber of the contributions coupled with the depth of coverage make the book an essential resource for anyone exploring the potential of the latest developments in LBSs.
- Author BiographyDr. Hassan Karimi is an associate professor and director of the Geoinformatics Laboratory in the School of Information Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh. His research interests include geoinformatics, mobile computing, location-based services, and navigation.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication03/06/2013
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note106 black & white illustrations, 61 colour illustrations, 24 black & white tables
- Weight660 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHassan A. Karimi
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.