All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCarbon materials are exceptionally diverse in their preparation, structure, texture, and applications. In Advanced Materials Science and Engineering of Carbon, ted carbon scientist Michio Inagaki and his coauthors cover the most recent advances in carbon materials, including new techniques and processes, carbon materials synthesis, and up-to-date descriptions of current carbon-based materials, trends and applications. Beginning with the synthesis and preparation of nacarbons, carbon natubes, and graphenes, the book then reviews recently developed carbonization techniques, such as templating, electrospinning, foaming, stress graphitization, and the formation of glass-like carbon. The last third of the book is devoted to applications, featuring coverage of carbon materials for energy storage, electrochemical capacitors, lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, and adsorptive storage of hydrogen and methane for environmental protection, photocatalysis, spilled oil recovery, and nuclear applications of isotropic high-density graphite.
- Author BiographyMichio Inagaki is a famous carbon material scientist, who obtained his PhD degree from Nagoya University in 1963. He has worked on carbon materials for more than 50 years. In 2011, he won the Peter A. Thrower Award for Exceptional Contribution to the International Carbon Community. Feiyu Kang received his PhD from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 1997. He is honorary editorial advisory board of international journal CARBON, Joint Chairmen of international symposiums: CARBON2002 (Beijing), Carbon2011 (Shanghai) and 15th International Symposium on Intercalation Compounds (ISIC15), Coordinators of international research projects: Professor M. Inagaki (NSFC-JSPS) and Professor I. Mochida (JST-MOST). Prof. Kang has investigated graphite and carbon materials since 1988. His research interest includes nano-carbon materials, graphite producing process, porous carbon and nuclear graphite. Prof. Kang had published more than 200 scientific papers and 3 books.
- Author(s)Feiyu Kang,Hidetaka Konno,Masahiro Toyoda,Michio Inagaki
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 240 illustrations
- Weight1070 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.