All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced Mechanical Models of DNA Elasticity includes coverage on 17 different DNA models and the role of elasticity in biological functions with extensive references. The vel advanced helicoidal model described reflects the direct connection between the molecule helix structure and its specific properties, including nlinear features and transitions. It provides an introduction to the state of the field of DNA mechanics, kwn and widely used models with their short analysis, as well as coverage on experimental methods and data, the influence of electrical, magnetic, ionic conditions on the persistence length, and dynamics with viscosity influence. It then addresses the need to understand the nature of the n-linear overstretching transition of DNA under force and why DNA has a negative twist-stretch coupling.
- Author BiographyYAKOV M. TSEYTLIN is a mechanical engineer, educator, and research scientist. Born in Leningrad, Russia; he arrived in the USA in 1992, becoming naturalized in 1997. His qualifications and professional positions include: MS in Mechanical Engineering, Leningrad Polytechnic Institute, PhD, 1965; Doctor of Technical Sciences, All-Russian Research Institute of Metrology, Russia, 1991; Chief of research laboratory, senior designer, senior and lead researcher, Leningrad Instrumental Plant, All-Russian Research Institute of Metrology, Russia; senior designer, senior researcher Federal Products Co. USA, 1992; project engineer in Automatic Machinery Co. US, 1999; assistant to associate professor in Leningrad Polytechnic Institute; visiting professor in Leningrad Institute of Precise Mechanics and Optics; Manager and Engineer, All-Russian Institute of Advanced Education in Standardization and Metrology; Adviser and Opponent of Graduate Dissertations in Central Research Institute for Fuel Apparatus, All-Russian Research Institute of Metrology, Leningrad Polytechnic Institute. He has contributed numerous articles to professional journals, and authored 4 monographs. He is also a member of International Society of Automation (recognition awards 1998-2012, ISA). His achievements include development of methods and concepts in micro elasticity, DNA elasticity modeling, atomic force microscopy, and information criterion of measurement uncertainty negligibility.
- Author(s)Yakov M. Tseytlin
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication29/03/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.