All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe internet security field has grown by leaps and bounds over the last decade. Everyday more people around the globe gain access to the internet and not all of them with good intentions. The need for penetration testers has grown now that the security industryhas had time to mature. Simply running a vulnerability scanner is a thing of the past and is no longer an effective method of determining a business's true security posture. Learn effective penetration testing skills so that you can effectively meet and manage the rapidly changing security needs of your company. Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments will teach you how to efficiently and effectively ensure the security posture of environments that have been secured using IDS/IPS, firewalls, network segmentation, hardened system configurations and more. The stages of a penetration test are clearly defined and addressed using step-by-step instructions that you can follow on your own virtual lab. The book follows the standard penetration testing stages from start to finish with step-by-step examples. The book thoroughly covers penetration test expectations, proper scoping and planning, as well as enumeration and footprinting. You'll learn how to clean up and compile proof of concept, exploit code from the web, advanced web application testing techniques, client side attacks, post exploitation strategies, detection avoidance methods, generation of well defined reports and metrics, and setting up a penetration testing virtual lab that mimics a secured environment. The book closes by issuing a challenge to your skills and ability to perform a full penetration test against a fictional corporation; followed by a detailed walk through of the solution. Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments is packed with detailed examples that reinforce enumeration, exploitation, post-exploitation, reporting skills and more.
- Author BiographyLee Allen is currently the Vulnerability Management Program Lead for one of the Fortune 500. Amongst many other responsibilities, he performs security assessments and penetration testing. Lee is very passionate and driven about the subject of penetration testing and security research. His journey into the exciting world of security began back in the 80's while visiting BBS's with his trusty Commodore 64 and a room carpeted with 5 inch floppy disks. Throughout the years, he has continued his attempts at remaining up to date with the latest and greatest in the security industry and the community. He has several industry certifications including the OSWP and has been working in the IT industry for over 15 years. His hobbies include validating and reviewing proof of concept exploit code, programming, security research, attending security conferences, discussing technology, writing, and skiing. He lives in Ohio with wife Kellie and their 6 children Heather, Kristina, Natalie, Mason, Alyssa, and Seth.
- Author(s)Lee Allen
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication21/05/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight709 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.