All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA practical, fast-paced approach to teaching the concepts and problems common in petroleum engineering that will appeal to a wide range of disciplines Petrophysics is the study of rock properties and their interactions with fluids, including gases, liquid hydrocarbons, and aqueous solutions. This three-volume series from distinguished University of Texas professor Dr. Ekwere J. Peters provides a basic understanding of the physical properties of permeable geologic rocks and the interactions of the various fluids with their interstitial surfaces, with special focus on the transport properties of rocks for single-phase and multiphase flow. Based on Dr. Peters's graduate course that has been taught internationally in corporations and classrooms, the series covers core topics and includes full-color CT and NMR images, graphs, and figures to illustrate practical application of the material. Topics addressed in volume 2 (chapters 5-8) include Dispersion in porous media Interfacial phemena and wettability Capillary pressure Relative permeability Advanced Petrophysics features over 140 exercises designed to strengthen learning and extend concepts into practice. Additional information in the appendices covers dimensional analysis and a series of real-world projects that enable the student to apply the principles presented in the text to build a petrophysical model using well logs and core data from a major petroleum-producing province.
- Author BiographyDr. Ekwere J. Peters has over 35 years of petroleum engineering experience in field operations, petrophysics, higher education, and research. He was the holder of the Frank W Jessen Endowed Professorship and the George H. Fancher, Jr. Endowed Professorship in Petroleum Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin where he was a faculty member for over 31 years. From 1997-2001, he was the Chairman of the Department of Petroleum & Geosystems Engineering where he provided administrative and academic leadership to the highly ranked department. At the University of Texas, he taught courses in introduction to the petroleum industry, drilling and well completions, production technology and design, advanced pressure transient analysis, petroleum fluid properties, and advanced petrophysics. He has conducted numerous short courses for the petroleum industry in the Unites States, Canada, Nigeria, Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Japan, Indonesia, Ecuador, and Trinidad & Tobago. A recognized expert in flow through porous media and petrophysics, he has published papers on various aspects of petroleum engineering based on the results of original research. Dr. Peters established a reputation as an excellent teacher early in his academic career and consistently received very high ratings for teaching effectiveness at the University of Texas and at industry short courses. He has won numerous awards for teaching and professional excellence including the prestigious Texas Excellence Teaching Award, the Petroleum Engineering Teaching Excellence Award in the Cockrell School of Engineering, the Society of Petroleum Engineers International Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty, and the Society of Petroleum Engineers Distinguished Member Award. His previous petroleum industry affiliations were with Shell-BP Petroleum Development Company Ltd (Nigeria) in drilling and well completions; United Petro Laboratories, Calgary as the manager of a PVT and Core Analysis Laboratory and Amoco Production Company, Houston in pressure transient analysis in tight gas sands. Currently, he is a senior consultant at Afren USA, Inc., Woodlands, where he oversees the company's educational initiatives. He holds a BSc, 1st class honors, degree in Engineering from Leicester University, an MS and a PhD in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Alberta, and is a registered professional engineer in Texas.
- Author(s)E J Peters,Ekwere J Peters Phd Pe
- PublisherLive Oak Book Company
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLive Oak Book Company
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight889 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.