All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced Reservoir and Production Engineering for Coal Bed Methane presents the reader with design systems that will maximize production from worldwide coal bed methane reservoirs. Authored by an expert in the field with more than 40 years of' experience, the author starts with much needed introductory basics on gas content and diffusion of gas in coal, crucial for anyone in the mining and natural gas industries. Going a step further, chapters on hydrofracking, horizontal drilling techlogy, and production strategies address the challenges of dewatering, low production rates, and high development costs. This book systematically addresses all three zones of production levels, shallow coal, medium depth coal, and deep coal with coverage on gas extraction and production from a depth of 500 feet to upwards of 10,000 feet, strategies which cant be found in any other reference book. In addition, valuable content on deep coal seams with content on enhanced recovery, a discussion on CO2 flooding, infra-red heating and even in-situ combustion of degassed coal, giving engineers a greater understanding on how today's shale activities can aid in enhancing production of coal bed for future natural gas production.
- Author BiographyPramod Thakur, PhD is Manager of Coal Seam Degasification at CONSOL Energy in Morgantown, West Virginia. The three editors of the publication are board members of the North American Coal Bed Methane Forum (NACBMF), and they represent industry, academia and government. Each has more than 25 years of experience in coal bed methane research, field work, and instruction. The NACBMF has organized conferences to advance mine safety and to increase production of coal bed methane as a worldwide energy resource. For 28 years the Forum has provided an opportunity for an exchange of information on coal bed methane research and technology between the public and private sectors. The NACBMF is governed by a Board of Directors and consists of representatives from the coal bed methane industry, coal and gas industries, gas marketing and service industries. The length and breadth of experience embodied in the NACBMF Board of Directors makes this group exceedingly qualified to produce this book.
- Author(s)Pramod Thakur
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication07/10/2016
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGulf Professional Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.