Advanced Running: Training for Both Sport and Competition, Including Individual Running Plans, Advanced Schedules and Expert Advice, Shown in Over 280 Photographs by Elizabeth Hufton (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes information on training for both sport and competition, including individual running plans, advanced schedules and expert advice, that are shown in over 280 photographs. It also includes information on how to improve your running performance for events from 5K and 10K races to advanced and elite marathons. It includes strength exercise sequences, skills and drills, together with advice on how to improve your form and endurance levels. It contains expert advice on pre-run and post-run nutrition, high protein diets, sports-specific fuels, race recovery and improving your mental attitude. It offers guidance on extending your running experience, with sections on cross-country and trail running, mountain running, adventure racing and ultrarunning. It provides a special section on triathlons that introduces training sessions and Olympic distance training, and individual schedules for different events. With step-by-step instruction and over 280 photographs, this is the complete practical guide to optimizing your skills and maximizing your performance. This book offers a complete guide to joining the elite, featuring advanced running from 5K and 10K races, progressing to marathon and triathlon. Among the topics covered are speedwork, strength training and hydration. Practical information on competition running is given, with training programmes and guidance on the appropriate food and exercise. All of the most popular events are covered, from sprint and middle-distance racing, to fast long-distance racing, marathons, off-road and ultrarunning, triathlons and adventure racing. This expert manual is essential reading for anyone who wants to run successfully at a higher level.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Hufton is a health and fitness journalist who has written widely on exercise, nutrition, women's health and injuries, and running for beginners through to competitive athletes. Since 2004 she has worked for Runner's World magazine, the world's best-selling running title, and has helped to devise training plans for Cancer Research UK's 10K and Race for Life series. Elizabeth is a veteran of many marathons, with a personal best time of 3:28:04; she has competed in countries as far apart as Russia and Thailand, and has led pace groups in the London Marathon.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Hufton
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 280 colour photographs
- Weight658 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.