Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionToday's shortages of resources make the search for wear and corrosion resistant materials one of the most important tasks of the next century. Since the surface of a material is the location where any interaction occurs, it is that there the hardest requirements on the material are imposed: to be wear resistant for tools and bearings; to be corrosion resistant for turbine blades and tubes in the petrochemical industry; to be antireflecting for solar cells; to be decorative for architectural panels and to combine several of these properties in other applications. Surface engineering is the general term that incorporates all the techniques by which a surface modification can be accomplished. These techniques include both coating and modification of the surface by ion implantation and laser beam melting. In recent years a continuously growing number of these techniques were developed to the extent that it became more and more difficult to maintain an overlook and to understand which of these highly differentiated techniques might be applied to resolve a given surface engineering problem. A similar development is also occuring for surface characterization techniques. This volume contains contributions from rewned scientists and engineers to the Eurocourse the aim of which was to inform about the various techniques and to give a comprehensive survey of the latest development on this subject.
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication31/10/1992
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleEurocourses: Mechanical & Materials Science S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight758 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byH. A. Jehn,W. Gissler
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.