All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough I feel hored to write a foreword for this important book, it is a task that I approach with some trepidation. The topics covered in the book summarize the current state of the art in technical demography. However, my kwledge and expertise with respect to technical demography are limited to the most fundamental and intermediate-level methods; hence, critical commentary on the contents of this volume is beyond my scope in this fore- word. Since I have some understanding of the logic and substantive aspects of the methods rather than the complicated mathematics used in describing them, my comments will necessarily be restricted to the book's general or- ganization and content. To date, most texts published on technical demography have been limited to traditional demographic methods: sources and limitations of data, life table construction and applications, standardization techniques, various methods for preparing population estimates and forecasts, etc. However, population specialists have in recent years been developing and successfully applying a variety of sophisticated techniques t covered in the more standard intro- ductory texts. In addition, many traditional methods that are unique to the demographic discipline have been improved and extended.
- Author(s)K. V. Rao,Shivalingappa S. Halli
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/03/1992
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Springer Series on Demographic Methods and Population Analysis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1170 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.