All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the introduction to the first volume of The Arithmetic of Elliptic Curves (Springer-Verlag, 1986), I observed that the theory of elliptic curves is rich, varied, and amazingly vast, and as a consequence, many important topics had to be omitted. I included a brief introduction to ten additional topics as an appendix to the first volume, with the tacit understanding that eventually there might be a second volume containing the details. You are w holding that second volume. it turned out that even those ten topics would t fit Unfortunately, into a single book, so I was forced to make some choices. The following material is covered in this book: I. Elliptic and modular functions for the full modular group. II. Elliptic curves with complex multiplication. III. Elliptic surfaces and specialization theorems. IV. Neron models, Kodaira-Neron classification of special fibers, Tate's algorithm, and Ogg's conductor-discriminant formula. V. Tate's theory of q-curves over p-adic fields. VI. Neron's theory of canical local height functions.
- Author(s)J. H. Silverman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.151
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1680 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJ.H. Ewing
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.