All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe premise of Yoga is simple. There is an outer reality and an inner one, and our nervous system is the doorway between them. Effective Yoga practices stimulate and open that doorway. The result? Peace, creativity, happiness, and a steady rise of ecstatic bliss radiating from within us... Advanced Yoga Practices (AYP) brings together the most effective methods of Yoga in a flexible integrated system that anyone can use. Instructions are given in plain English for deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama, bodily manipulations (asanas, mudras and bandhas), tantric sexual practices, and other methods that are systematically applied to swing open the door of our nervous system to permanent higher experience. This is a n-sectarian approach that is compatible with any belief system or religious background. There are over 240 easy-to-follow lessons here, including many hands-on questions and answers between Yoga practitioners and the author. Whether you are a beginner or a veteran in Yoga, the AYP lessons can serve as a useful resource as you travel along your chosen path. Extensive reader feedback is provided in the book. Here are a few excerpts: I searched for years to find a method of meditation that I can do. This is do-able. - AN I've learned more about yoga in 4 months than in the previous 30 years of study. - SL This is a very valuable inspiration for people taking up and maintaining meditation. - DB Spinal breathing pranayama makes me feel so ecstatic, I want to do it all the time. - YM After my first meditation session, I never felt so relaxed. You made me a believer. - JF You make everything seem so simple, yet the practices are profound and dynamic. - SS I wish I had this kind of information when I started some 15 years back. - AD I love the way you explain everything. So simple, logical, and so safe. - RY These are the best lessons I have read on yoga anywhere. - RD For more reader feedback, see the last section in the book.
- Date of Publication09/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight925 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.