Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe current scientific and technical literature in the fields of medi- cine and engineering, in addition to learned society journals, embraces textbooks, mographs and conference proceedings. The last of these cate- gories is potentially of prime importance given the increasing pace at which kwledge is advancing. However, traditional conference proceedings often tend to be indigestable, both due to their excessive volume and to the un- evenness of the ingredients. Here we have attempted to overcome these deficiencies by selecting a set of contributions which, in our opinion, in the best sense convey the flavour of the 4th IMEKO Conference on Advances in Biomedical Measurement . This meeting, which took place in Bratislava in May, 1987, was held concurrently with the 1st Regional Conference of the Socialist European Countries on Biomedical Engineering and the 2nd Czecho- slovak Conference on Biomedical Engineering. From more than 200 papers presented in 14 sessions, 56 contributions have been selected to represent four major areas within which advances in biomedical measurement are occurring. These are: measurement and instru- mentation (including prosthetics); signal and image processing; modelling and simulation; and decision support. The process of deciding which authors should be invited to contribute to this volume was t always easy. What we have tried to do is to achieve a mix which provides an overview of the state of the art across this broad spectrum of endeavour.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight880 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byE. R. Carson,Ivan Krekule,Peter Kneppo
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.