All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 40 of the Advances in Child Development and Behavior series includes 10 chapters that highlight some of the most recent research in the area. A wide array of topics are discussed in detail, including Perspectives on Attachment and Social Cognition Across Generations; Developmental Perspectives on Vulnerability to Non-Suicidal Self-Injury in Youth; Development of Future Thinking, Planning, and Prospective Memory; and Family Relationships and Children's Stress Responses. Each chapter provides in-depth discussions and this volume serves as an invaluable resource for Developmental or educational psychology researchers, scholars, and students.
- Author BiographyJanette B. Benson is an Associate Dean, Morgridge College of Educationan and Associate Professor in the Psychology Department at the University of Denver. She recently served for five years as the Director of the University-wide Office of Academic Assessment and co-chaired the successful University reaccreditation. Dr. Benson's expertise is in cognitive and sensorimotor development in infancy and early childhood, and her research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, The MacArthur Foundation and the March of Dimes. Dr. Benson has published several articles, book chapters and has edited or co-edited several books, including The Encyclopedia of Infancy and Early Childhood Development. She has been the recipient of several awards and honors, including the University of Denver Scholar - Teacher of the Year (1993), the 2000 CASE Colorado Professor of the Year, a Carnegie Scholar, a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science, member of the Board of Directors of Shortridge Academy, and the serial editor of Advances in Child Development and Behavior.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication02/09/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleAdvances in Child Development and Behavior
- Series Part/Volume Number40
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Volume editorJanette B. Benson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.