All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionFor drugs with a narrow therapeutic index, therapeutic drug monitoring methods are essential for patient management. Although immuassays are commercially available for many drugs and most laboratories use these assays for routine therapeutic monitoring, they have many limitations which hinder their efficacy. Providing practical guidelines for implementing preferred gas and liquid chromatographic methods, Advances in Chromatographic Techniques for Therapeutic Drug Monitoring is a comprehensive reference describing the theory and application of therapeutic drug monitoring in clinical laboratories. Edited by a distinguished authority in the field and containing contributions from a variety of experts, the book discusses preanalytical variables, the pitfalls of immuassays, tandem mass spectrometry, issues related to pain management and herbal supplements, and therapeutic drug monitoring for a range of medications, including: * Anticonvulsants * Digitalis * Cardioactive drugs * Antidepressants * Immusuppressants * Anti-cancer drugs * Vancomycin and amiglycosides * Antibiotics * Antiretroviral drugs * Nonnarcotic analgesics * Anti-inflammatory drugs Examing older and newer drugs, the book contains detailed discussions on the rationale for therapeutic drug monitoring of each class of drugs, along with their basic pharmacology and toxicology. An extensive list of references is provided at the end of each chapter so that those interested in implementing a new drug assay can find the most appropriate method for the intended drug.
- Author BiographyDr. Amitava Dasgupta is a Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston. He is also the Director of Clinical Chemistry, Toxicology, and Point of Care Services at the Memorial-Hermann Hospital Laboratories at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He received his PhD in chemistry from Stanford University and completed his fellowship in clinical chemistry from the University of Washington at Seattle. He is certified in both clinical chemistry and toxicology by the American Board of Clinical Chemistry. Dr. Dasgupta's major research interest is in the field of therapeutic drug monitoring and he has published 175 papers and numerous reviews and has edited four books. He is on the editorial board of American Journal of Clinical Pathology, Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Clinica Chimica Acta, and Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/09/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note92 black & white illustrations, 58 black & white tables
- Weight997 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAmitava DasGupta
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.