Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionChronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is the most common leukemia in the Western world. CLL has a highly varied clinical course. While advances in CLL therapy are ted, many patients still succumb to this illness. Like most progress in medicine, solid advances in the diagsis, progsis and treatment of CLL are rooted in an in-depth understanding of the basic and translational biology of CLL. In this book, CLL experts have contributed state-of-the-art summaries of various important aspects of CLL biology and have discussed the translational implication of such findings. This book, which is directed at physicians and researchers alike, aims to educate broadly and deeply. Intentionally, the many aspects and nuances of CLL clinical care that can only really be appreciated through direct patient care are t covered here, but instead, the book presents basic aspects of CLL that underlie many of the contemporary decisions that are made in CLL research and clinical settings. We hope that this book will critically inform the community and stimulate interest in CLL, which will ultimately translate into better CLL research, progstication and therapy, with the end goal of providing a better outlook for patients afflicted with this common leukemia.
- Author BiographySami N. Malek is an Associate Professor at the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Michigan Health System. Dr. Malek's research interests include basic and translational questions in Leukemia and Lymphoma. Well known in the field of CLL, Dr. Malek is well-published in the area and is invited to international conferences and seminars to give talks on the topic.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/09/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number792
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 24 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight720 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySami Malek
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.