All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionControl and automation of water systems in one of the branches of fluid mechanics and hydraulics that uses numerical methods and algorithms to solve and analyze problems that involve fluid flows. Computers are used to perform the millions of calculations required to simulate the interaction of liquids and gases with surfaces defined by boundary conditions. Advances in Control and Automation of Water Systems presents topical research in the study of control and automation of water systems. The editors use the simulation of a water hammer (or fluid hammer) as the basis for demonstrating computational techniques used for the processing and automation of water systems. The simulation shows and explains a variety of data analysis techniques and complex calculations that involve many elements of water systems, such as flow minimum and maximum pressure automation heat and mass transfer predicting failure and more. This book provides a broad understanding of the main computational techniques used for processing control and automation of water systems. The theoretical background to a number of techniques is introduced, and general data analysis techniques and examining the application of techniques in an industrial setting, including current practices and current research, are considered. The book also provides practical experience of commercially available systems and includes a small-scale water systems related projects. This book provides invative chapters on the growth of educational, scientific, and industrial research activities among mechanical engineers and international academia in the water industry. New methods and vel applications of existing methods are discussed that further the understanding of the structural behavior of new and advanced systems. This book presents significant research reporting new methodologies and important applications in the fields of automation and control as well as the latest coverage of chemical databases and the development of new computational methods and efficient algorithms for hydraulic software and mechanical engineering. The research and development presented in the book will have significant potential applications in several disciplines of hydraulic and mechanical engineering.
- Author BiographyKaveh Hariri Asli, PhD, is a professional mechanical engineer with over 30 years of experience in practicing mechanical engineering design and teaching. He is author of over 50 articles and reports in the fields of fluid mechanics, hydraulics, automation, and control systems. Dr. Hariri has consulted for a number of major corporations. Faik Bahman Oglu Nagiyev holds a MSc in mechanics and mathematics from Moscow State University (Moscow, Russia), a PhD in mathematics and physics from Moscow State University (Moscow, Russia) and Doctor of Sciences in mathematics and physics from Leningrad Polytechnic Institute (Leningrad, Russia). He is the author over 100 articles, two books, and more than 200 analytical reports and projects on fundamental and applied studies in hydro-mechanics and thermal physics of multiphase media, mathematics, research studies in oil and gas sphere, power-engineering and technological complexes, education and sciences. He is member of several international societies and a Leading Research Officer of Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of Azerbaijan Republic. Reza Khodaparast Haghi is a mechanical engineer and is currently in the postgraduate program of Advanced Control Systems at University of Salford, Manchester (UK). Hossein Hariri Asli is a professional civil engineer. His research areas are in re-engineering of urban system design for water and wastewater resources, networks, transmission pipelines, and treatment plant.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/05/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byFaig Bakhman Ogli Naghiyev,Hossien Hariri Asli,Kaveh Hariri Asli,Reza Khodaparast Haghi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.