All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFunctional foods are emerging as key drivers of the global food ecomy and dairy ingredients and techlogy are at the forefront in these developments. Advances in Dairy Ingredients provides an international perspective on recent developments in the area of dairy ingredients and dairy techlogy. This book brings together food scientists, industry specialists, and marketers from around the world to provide unique insight into the scientific basis for the success of dairy ingredients in modern food products, and a glimpse into the future of new dairy ingredients and foods on the horizon.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey W Smithers, PhD is the Director of International Business for Food Science Australia, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. He is responsible for setting the strategic framework for relationship and business development in international markets, and directing and coordinating activities in these markets. Dr Smithers has a background in both fundamental and applied R&D in the areas of advanced processing and ingredient functionality, together with hands-on experience in food business practice. He has more than 18 years experience in dairy food R&D, both in Australia and in the United States. Dr Smithers has been closely involved in the development and commercialization of high-value dairy foods and ingredients, particularly those based on fractionated proteins, and in the development of nutriceuticals, based on dairy protein or peptide isolates, with specific and targeted physiological function. Mary Ann Augustin, PhD is a Professor in Chemistry at Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. She is currently on assignment to the University from Food Science Australia. Previously, she held several science leadership positions at Food Science Australia/CSIRO including Group Manager Ingredients; Director, Science Forum, Food Science Australia; Section Leader - Ingredient Functionality; Team Leader Milk Powders. Prof. Augustin is inventor/co-inventor on a number of patents and innovations (proprietary) in the area of ingredients, milk powders and microencapsulated products.
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2010
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleInstitute of Food Technologists Series
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight844 g
- Width181 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGeoffrey W. Smithers,Mary Ann Augustin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.