All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShould philosophy of language use experimental methods, or can it be pursued in the armchair? Advances in Experimental Philosophy of Language represents a balanced variety of positions on this extensively discussed question. In the first collection of its kind, leading experts in the field present a number of different perspectives on the relevance of experimental methods in philosophy of language, ranging from complete dismissals of traditional methods to defences of armchair approaches. As well as exploring possible vel experimental techniques, Advances in Experimental Philosophy of Language evaluates the philosophical relevance of existing experimental results and presents new data from new experimental studies. For scholars looking to stay ahead of the latest developments and trends in the philosophy of language, this important contribution to the field brings the reader up-to-date.
- Author BiographyJussi Haukioja is Professor in the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies at Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight315 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJussi Haukioja
- Format DetailsRough front
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.