All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in photonics and natechlogy have the potential to revolutionize humanity's ability to communicate and compute. To pursue these advances, it is mandatory to understand and properly model interactions of light with materials such as silicon and gold at the nascale, i.e., the span of a few tens of atoms laid side by side. These interactions are governed by the fundamental Maxwell's equations of classical electrodynamics, supplemented by quantum electrodynamics. This book presents the current state-of-the-art in formulating and implementing computational models of these interactions. Maxwell's equations are solved using the finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) technique, pioneered by the senior editor, whose prior Artech House books in this area are among the top ten most-cited in the history of engineering. This cutting-edge resource helps readers understand the latest developments in computational modeling of nascale optical microscopy and microchip lithography, as well as nascale plasmonics and biophotonics.
- Author BiographyAllen Taflove has pioneered the finite-difference time-domain method since 1972, and is a leading authority in the field of computational electrodynamics. He is a professor at Northwestern University, where he also received his B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees. Steven G. Johnson is an associate professor of applied Mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He holds a Ph.D. in physics from from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Ardavan Oskooi is a postdoctoral associate at Kyoto University. He holds an M.S. in computation and engineering and Sc.D. in materials science and engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- PublisherArtech House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNorwood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArtech House Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width185 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAllen Taflove,Ardavan Oskooi,Steven G. Johnson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.