All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in Growth Curve Models: Topics from the Indian Statistical Institute is developed from the Indian Statistical Institute's A National Conference on Growth Curve Models. This conference took place between March 28-30, 2012 in Giridih, Jharkhand, India. Jharkhand is a tribal area. Advances in Growth Curve Models: Topics from the Indian Statistical Institute shares the work of researchers in growth models used in multiple fields. A growth curve is an empirical model of the evolution of a quantity over time. Case studies and theoretical findings, important applications in everything from health care to population projection, form the basis of this volume. Growth curves in longitudinal studies are widely used in many disciplines including: Biology, Population studies, Ecomics, Biological Sciences, SQC, Sociology, Na-biotechlogy, and Fluid mechanics. Some included reports are research topics that have just been developed, whereas others present advances in existing literature. Both included tools and techniques will assist students and researchers in their future work. Also included is a discussion of future applications of growth curve models.
- Author BiographyRatan Dasgupta was born on 15 September 1953 to Manoranjan and Saraswati at Agartala, Tripura. After completion of high school and graduation (1972) at hometown Agartala, he completed his Masters (1975) and Ph.D (1981) degree in Statistics at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata; where he is employed as a Professor. Apart from Ph.D topic on rates of convergence in CLT, his areas of research interest are: application of Statistics in Quality Control, fluid mechanics, environment, physics etc. He has published about 60 research papers. He is married to Soma and has a son Debkumar.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- Series TitleSpringer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Number46
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations, 73 colour illustrations, 20 black & white tables, biography
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byRatan Dasgupta
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.