All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in Manufacturing Techlogy XVI provides a comprehensive collection of papers exploring the very latest developments in the field of manufacturing engineering and managment and incorporates the most up--to--date techniques. TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:* Business strategies process reengineering* CAD/CAM and concurrent engineering* E--manufacturing and virtual reality* Engineering modelling and simulations* Total quality management and metrology* Intelligent systems. robotics and automation* Lean and agiel manufacturing* Machining process and tooling* Operations management* Process control and condition monitoring Covering all aspects of manufacturing engineering, systems, and management this volume will be of great interest to those wanting to keep abreast pf current research and those involved in the planning stages in this area of engineering.
- Author BiographyProfessor Kai Cheng holds the professorship in Manufacturing Engineering in the School of Engineering at Leeds Metropolitan University. His research interests have included: research on improved CNC control algorithms; surface integrity and functionality control; machining dynamics modelling; nanometric machining and facilities; and Internet-based e-manufacturing. Since 1996 Professor Cheng has secured a number of grants to support his research, from the EPSRC, Royal Society, DTI TCS Programme, NATO Scientific Programme, EU SOCRATES Scheme, HEFCE TLTP Programme, DTI Faraday Scheme, and the industry. His current research interests are focused on precision manufacturing and Internet-based e-manufacturing. Professor Cheng is a member of COMEH, the IMechE, the IEE and leader of the Advanced Manufacturing Technology Research Group (AMTRG). The detail of his research and the group can be found at the website: http://care.ies.lmu.ac.uk/. Dr David Webb is currently Reader and Head of the Centre for Applied Research in Engineering in the School of Engineering at Leeds Metropolitan University. He received a DPhil in Space Physics from the University of York in 1975 and worked as a Research Fellow at the University of York and at Bell Laboratories, New Jersey, before becoming a Senior Scientific Officer with the Ministry of Defence. He was appointed as a lecturer and researcher at Leeds Metropolitan University in 1990. Since then he has published over one hundred papers on the application of the finite element method to manufacturing processes, biomechnics, crashworthiness, and the modelling of complex materials.
- Author(s)David Webb,Kai Cheng
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2002
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationBury St Edmunds
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfessional Engineering Publishing
- Content Noteindex
- Weight1430 g
- Width165 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.