All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWe are most gratified by the response to the initiation of this series of volumes presenting recent developments and new concepts in microbial ecology. Favorable reactions have been expressed in both oral and written communication, and Ad- vances in Microbial Ecology thus seems to be providing a worthwhile outlet in a rapidly growing field of microbiology and environmental sciences. The growing importance of microbial ecology is evident in many ways. Uni- versity personnel are expanding their programs and increasing the number of research topics and publications. Substantial numbers of industrial scientists have likewise entered this field as they consider the microbial transformation of chemicals in waters and soils and the effects of synthetic compounds on natural microbial communities. Agricultural, medical, dental, and veterinary practitioners and scientists have also been increasing their activity in microbial ecology because of the importance of the discipline to their own professions. In addition, govern- mental agencies have expanded regulatory and research activities concerned with microbial ecology owing to the importance of information and regulations fo- cused on the interactions between microorganisms in nature and particular en- vironmental stresses.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Microbial Ecology
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight357 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMartin Alexander
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.