CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAgriculture has experienced a dramatic change during the past decades. The change has been structural and techlogical. Structural changes can be seen in the size of current farms; t long ago, agricultural production was organized around small farms, whereas wadays the agricultural landscape is dominated by large farms. Large farms have better means of applying new techlogies, and therefore techlogical advances have been a driving force in changing the farming structure. New techlogies continue to emerge, and their mastery and use in requires that farmers gather more information and make more complex techlogical choices. In particular, the advent of the Internet has opened vast opportunities for communication and business opportunities within the agricultural com- nity. But at the same time, it has created ather class of complex issues that need to be addressed sooner rather than later. Farmers and agricultural researchers are faced with an overwhelming amount of information they need to analyze and synthesize to successfully manage all the facets of agricultural production. This daunting challenge requires new and complex approaches to farm management. A new type of agricultural management system requires active cooperation among multidisciplinary and multi-institutional teams and ref- ing of existing and creation of new analytical theories with potential use in agriculture. Therefore, new management agricultural systems must combine the newest achievements in many scientific domains such as agromy, ecomics, mathematics, and computer science, to name a few.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleSpringer Optimization and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 25
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note172 black & white illustrations, 49 black & white tables, biography
- Weight913 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byPanos M. Pardalos,Petraq J. Papajorgji
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.