All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in Next Generation Services and Service Architectures presents state-of-the-art results in services and service architectures, identifies challenges including business models, techlogy issues, service management, and security, and describes important trends and directions. The book is intended to provide readers with a comprehensive reference for the most current developments in the field. It offers broad coverage of important topics with eighteen chapters covering both techlogy and applications written by international experts. The chapters are organized into the following four parts:-* Part 1: Emerging Services and Service Architectures - This part provides eight chapters which survey many of the important emerging categories of services, and provides details about architectures, service models, and sample applications.* Part 2: IPTV and Video Services - Video content delivery to a variety of endpoints with varying capacities and network connectivity is a fundamental service. In this part, four chapters address enabling techlogies including semantic support, context-awareness, QoE optimization, and support for mobile devices.* Part 3: Context Awareness - User sensitive application delivery has long been viewed as an important capability to increase the value of services to users. Context awareness focuses on representing and using the immediate situation and surroundings of the user in the delivery of the service. In this part, four chapters cover recent progress in context awareness and illustrate its use in next generation networks and IPTV.* Part 4: Security - New types of services and service architectures require new security techniques. This part contains two chapters, one on security challenges and the other on the user of reputation in service management. Advances in Next Generation Services and Service Architectures is complemented by a separate volume, Future Internet Services and Service Architectures, which covers future Internet architectures, peer-to-peer service models, event based processing, and VANETs.Keywords Services, Service Architectures, IPTV, context awareness, smart grids, web 2.0, IMS, security, next-generation networks.
- Author BiographyAnand R. Prasad, Ph.D. & Ir., Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, CISSP, Senior Member IEEE and Member ACM, is a NEC Certified Professional (NCP) and works as a Senior Expert at NEC Corporation, Japan, where he leads the security activity in 3GPP. Anand is Member of the Governing Council of Global ICT Standardisation Forum for India (GISFI) where he also chairs the Green ICT group and founded the Security SIG. He has several years of professional experience in all aspects of wireless networking industry. Anand has applied for over 30 patents, has co-authored 3 books and authored over 50 peer reviewed papers in international journals and conferences. He is also active in several conferences as program committee member. Dr. John Buford is a Research Scientist with Avaya Labs Research. He is co-author of the book P2P Networking and Applications (Morgan Kaufman, 2008), co-editor of the Handbook of Peer-to-Peer Networking (Springer-Verlag, 2009) and has co-authored more than 120 refereed publications. He has been TPC chair or TPC co-Chair of more than ten conferences and workshops. He is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, the Journal of Communications, and the International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting. He is an IEEE Senior Member and is co-chair of the IRTF Scalable Adaptive Multicast Research Group. Dr. Buford holds the PhD degree from Graz University of Technology, Austria, and MS and BS degrees from MIT. Vijay K. Gurbani works for the Security Technology Research Group at Bell Laboratories, the research arm of Alcatel-Lucent. He holds a B.Sc. in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics, a M.Sc. in Computer Science, both from Bradley University; and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Illinois Institute of Technology. Vijay's current work focuses on security aspects of Internet multimedia session protocols and peer-to- peer (P2P) networks. He is the author of over 45 journal papers and conference proceedings, five books, and 11 Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) RFCs. He is currently the co-chair of the Application Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Working Group in the IETF, which is designing a protocol to enable efficient communications between peers in a peer-to-peer system. Vijay's research interests are Internet telephony services, Internet telephony signaling protocols, security of Internet telephony protocols and services, and P2P networks and their application to various domains. Vijay holds three patent and has nine applications pending with the US Patent Office. He is a senior member of the ACM and a member of the IEEE Computer Society.
- PublisherRiver Publishers
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRiver Publishers Series in Communications
- Place of PublicationGistrup
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintRiver Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight807 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAnand R. Prasad,John F. Buford,Vijay K. Gurbani
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.