All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Editors take pleasure in presenting a further vol- ume in their Annual Review Series. The present volume con- tains six papers that may be said to span from the theory of design to the practice of operation of modern nuclear power stations, therefore concentrating on nuclear energy as a source of electrical power. Starting with the most mathem- atical, and proceeding in the direction of techlogy, we have the Chudley and Brough account of a new interpretation of (linear) Boltzmann transport theory in terms of the characteristic or ray approach. This seems to be new in application here, but of course the method is the child of many classical studies in the solution of partial differen- tial equations and proves to remarkably well-suited to modern computers and their numerical bases. We might put the article by Dickson and Doncals on the design of heterogeneous cores next, with its significance for fast reactors of the future. The various central worth discrepancies, with their implication for safety and relia- bility founded on, inter alia, the Doppler effect, have made this a major area for resolution: to see that we can develop design methods and codes that will reconcile theory and exper,...iment to the point at which theoretical designs could be accepted for building without the need for a full-scale mock- up, as had to be done in the 1950's for the light water re- actors.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleAdvances in Nuclear Science and Technology
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMartin Becker
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.