All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
About this product
- DescriptionThe present volume in our annual review series reviews a wide range of developments, giving a broad interpretation to the techlogy of our title. Starting at the beginning, Science, we have the review of basic nuclear physics data of Walker and Weaver for reactor kinetics, particularly, there- fore, delayed neutron data. In the search for better and better accuracy, it is being realized that this involves the closest scrutiny of fundamental data, given to us here from the Birmingham school. Associated with this review of data is the review from Italy by Professor Pacilio and his co- workers of the theory of reactor kinetics in the stochastic form, and a valuable compilation of the theory underlying a wide range of practical techniques. Tending more to techlogy come the papers by Jervis, reviewing the application of digital computers to the control of large nuclear power stations as developed in both the united Kingdom and Canada, Pickman's review of the design of fuels for heavy water reactors, and the account by Ishi- kawa and Inabe of the new Japanese Research Reactor Program, itself initially directed largely to fuel element studies. The balance of the volume is made up of more philoso- phical contributions to the practicalities of nuclear power.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight872 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byErnest J. Henley
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.