All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1963, Advances in Parasitology contains comprehensive reviews in all areas of interest in contemporary parasitology. Now edited by J. R. Baker, R. Muller, and D. Rollinson, and supported by an international editorial board, Advances in Parasitology includes medical studies on parasites of major influence, such as typasomiasis and scabies, and reviews of more traditional areas, such as zoology, taxomy, and life history. This index volume chronicles the contents of Volumes 28 through 52 and includes a cumulative subject index and contributor list. It is second in the ISI Parasitology List in 2001. It enjoys an Impact Factor of 4.097. The series encompasses over 35 years of parasitology coverage.
- Author BiographyProfessor David Rollinson is a Merit Research Scientist at the Natural History Museum in London, where he leads a research team in the Wolfson Wellcome Biomedical Laboratories and directs the WHO Collaborating Centre for schistosomiasis. He has had a long fascination with parasites and the diseases that they cause, this has involved him in many overseas projects especially in Africa. He is on the WHO Expert Advisory Panel of parasitic diseases, the editor of Advances in Parasitology and a former President of the World Federation of Parasitologists. His research group uses a multidisciplinary approach, which combines detailed molecular studies in the laboratory with ongoing collaborative studies in endemic areas of disease, to explore the intriguing world of parasites in order to help control and eliminate parasitic diseases.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication18/12/2003
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Parasitology S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 55
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Series Edited byJohn R. Baker,Ralph Muller,David Rollinson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.