All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionWith the advent of polymer nacomposites, research on polyolefin nacomposites has grown exponentially. Correcting the deficiency of a meaningful text on these important materials, Advances in Polyolefin Nacomposites: * Sums up recent advances in nascale dispersion of filler in polyolefins * Presents a basic introduction to polyolefin nacomposite techlogy for the readers new to this field * Provides insights on the use of techlogies for polyolefins nacomposites for commercial application * Includes contributions from the most experienced researchers in the field * Offers insights into the commercial usage of techniques The text uses theoretical models to illustrate the organic-irganic interfaces in polyolefins and also provides a detailed description of the recently developed models for property prediction of these nacomposites. It concentrates on developments with t only alumisilicate fillers, but also with equally important fillers like layer double hydroxides and natubes. The authors review polyolefin nacomposite techlogy and methodologies of generation, properties and generation of composite blends, and advances in synthesis of nacomposites using solution blending methods. The book covers theoretical and experimental considerations of clay surface modification and the importance and effect of various prominent filler categories.
- Author BiographyDr. Vikas Mittai is Polymer Engineer at BASF Polymer Research in Ludwigshafen, Germany. A graduate of Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich Switzerland, his research interests include polymer nanocomposites, novel filler surface modifications, thermal stability enhancements, polymer latexes with functionalized surfaces, etc. He has authored more than 30 scientific publications and book chapters, and his research has led to a number of patents.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note319 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byVikas Mittal
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.