All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in Quantum Chemistry presents surveys of current developments in this rapidly developing field that falls between the historically established areas of mathematics, physics, and chemistry. With invited reviews written by leading international researchers, as well as regular thematic issues, each volume presents new results and provides a single vehicle for following progress in this interdisciplinary area. The intention of this volume, as with the previous volume in this series is to present the latest developments in the field of energy deposition as it is actually viewed by many of the major researchers working in this area. It is t possible to incorporate all of the important players and all of the topics related to energy deposition in the limited space available; however the editors have tried to present the state of the art as it is w.
- Author BiographyJohn R. Sabin is Professor of Physics and Chemistry Emeritus at the University of Florida, and Adjungeret Professor at the University of Southern Denmark. He received the AB degree from Williams College in 1962 and the PhD from the University of New Hampshire in 1966. Thereafter he was a postdoctoral student at Uppsala University and at Northwestern University. He was Assistant Professor at the University of Missouri for three years (1968-1971) and then came to the University of Florida where he has been since. Sabin's research interest is in the theoretical description of the interaction of fast charged baryon projectiles with atomic and molecular targets, both as neutrals and ions. In this work, he uses molecular quantum mechanics to describe such interactions. In particular, he is interested in the mechanism of absorption of the projectile's mechanical energy by the target, where it is mostly converted to electronic energy, which is measured by the target's mean excitation energy. He has written some 250 articles in this and related fields. Sabin is editor of Advances in Quantum Chemistry and has been editor of the International Journal of Quantum Chemistry. He has edited some 90 volumes and proceedings.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2003
- Series TitleAdvances in Quantum Chemistry
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 46
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width149 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJohn R. Sabin,Remigio Cabrera-Trujillo
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.