All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in Stem Cell Research discusses recent advances in stem cell science, including therapeutic applications. This volume covers such topics as biomanufacturing iPS cells for therapeutic applications, techniques for controlling stem cell fate decisions, as well as current basic research in such areas as germ line stem cells, gemics and proteomics in stem cell research. It is a useful book for biology and clinical scientists, especially young investigators and stem cell biology students who are newly entering the world of stem cells research. The editors hope that the new kwledge and research outlined in this book will help contribute to new therapies for a wide variety of diseases that presently afflict humanity.
- Author BiographyDr. Hossein Baharvand Born in 1972, Dr. Hossein Baharvand obtained his PhD degree in 2004 in the field of Developmental Biology. Dr. Baharvand is currently an Associate Professor and Head of both the Department of Stem Cells and Developmental Biology at Royan Institute (2002-now) and Department of Developmental Biology at the University of Science and Culture (2006-now). In 2003, he established the first mouse and human embryonic stem cells in Iran. Later, his team generated several mouse and human embryonic, and induced pluripotent stem cells (2008), which has enabled them to pursue many avenues of research, such as translational research, and venture into the field of regenerative medicine. Dr. Baharvand has authored 130 international and 98 national peer-reviewed papers, 3 chapters in international books, and 6 books in Persian. Additionally, he has translated 5 English text books into Persian. He is the editor of Trends in Stem Cell Biology and Technology, a book published in 2009 by Humana Press (Springer, USA). He is currently an editorial board member of eight international journals. He has been an invited speaker in several meetings and won 18 international and national awards, such as the 10th (2004), 12th (2006), and 17th (2012) annual Razi Research Festival on Medical Sciences Award; the 27th annual Book of the Year Award of the Islamic Republic of Iran (2010); the Academy of Medical Sciences of Iran Award (Dr. Hadavi's Award, 2010); and in 2010 he won the Science and Technology Prize of the Islamic Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) in the field of Biology. Dr. Nasser Aghdami Born in the 1971, Iran, Nasser Aghdami was awarded a MD from Urumieh Medical University in 1998 and PhD in Immunology in 2007 from Tarbiat Modares University, Iran. He joined to the Hematology, Oncology and BMT research center in 2000 as a principal investigator and Royan Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Technology from 2006. Dr. Aghdami's research focuses on development of cardiovascular and its translational research and the role of stem cells in tissue regeneration. Clinical trial design and doing is one of him responsibilities in Royan Cell therapy Center. Since 2008 he is head of the Department of Regenerative Medicine and Royan Cell Therapy Center. He has been awarded a research scholarship by ministry of health and medical education in 2006. He has served on numerous national grant review committees, advisory panels and editorial boards on stem cells, clinical trials, and cell therapy. He has published 21 international and 10 national peer-reviewed papers, as well as 3 chapters in international books, 2 books in Persian, and translated 1 book into Persian.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleStem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight629 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byHossein Baharvand,Nasser Aghdami
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.