All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionMany neurons exhibit plasticity; that is, they can change structurally or functionally, often in a lasting way. Plasticity is evident in such diverse phemena as learning and memory, brain development, drug tolerance, sprouting of axon terminals after a brain lesion, and various cellular forms of activity-dependent synaptic plasticity such as long-term potentiation and long-term depression. This book, a follow-up to the editors' Synaptic Plasticity (MIT Press, 1993), reports on the most recent trends in the field. The levels of analysis range from molecular to cellular and network, the unifying theme being the nature of the relationships between synaptic plasticity and information processing and storage. Contributors: Yael Amitai, Michel Baudry, Theodore W. Berger, Pierre-Alain Buchs, A.K. Butler, Franck A. Chaillan, Gilbert A. Chauvet, Marie-Francoise Chesselet, Barry W. Conrs, Taraneh Ghaffari, Jay R. Gibson, Ziv Gil, Michel Khrestchatisky, Dietmar Kuhl, Carole E. Landisman, Gilles Laurent, Jim-Shih Liaw, David J. Linden, Katrina MacLeod, Henry Markram, W.V. Morehouse, Dominique Muller, J.A. Napieralski, Santiago Rivera, Francois S. Roman, Bernard Soumireu-Mourat, Oswald Steward, Mark Stopfer, F.G. Szele, Richard F. Thompson, Nicolas Toni, Bernard Truchet, Misha Tsodyks, K. Uryu, Ascher Uziel, Christopher S. Wallace, Yun Wang, Michael Wehr, Paul F. Worley, Xiaping Xie.
- Author BiographyMichel Baudry is Associate Professor in the Department of Biology at the University of Southern California. Joel L. Davis is Program Officer, Cognitive, Neural, and Biomolecular Science and Technology Division, Office of Naval Research. Richard F. Thompson is Director of the Neuroscience Program and Keck Professor of Psychology and Biological Sciences at the University of Southern California.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/1999
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJoel L. Davis,Michel Baudry,Richard F. Thompson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.