All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionA real need exists for ways to bridge the gap between basic research and prac- tical application, for faster utilization of new discoveries and new developments in the world of techlogy, and for technical transfer of defense and space accomplish- ments to the civilian ecomy. The problem is compounded by the torrential flow of technical information. Thirty million books are available on technical subjects, the total increasing at the rate of six hundred every day. There are one hundred thousand technical journals. More scientific work has been published in the past ten years than in all preceding recorded history. Scientists and engineers only a few years beyond academic pursuits are already encountering a continuing need for retraining and expansion of their own kwledge. At the same time, the re- searchers - scientists, engineers, students - must exhibit bold creative thinking to evolve new techlogy, to better understand nature's secrets, to conceive new theories, and to reduce old theories to practical utilization. Research in the physical sciences and the engineering sciences provides the ever-flowing spring of kwledge for the investigation of new ideas. Such research is sometimes hindered by classification as basic or applied. There are many times when a research program has immediate or ultimate objective and is truly contributing to our reservoir of kwledge - a reservoir which will certainly be tapped in the future.
- Author(s)Gavin Mallet,Marie Fay,William M. Mueller
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/05/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note151 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight927 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1965
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.