All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe application of solid-state detectors of high energy resolution to x-ray spectrometry, and the increasing use of compu- ters in both measurement and data evaluation, are giving a new stimulus to x-ray techniques in analytical chemistry. The Twentieth Annual Denver X-ray Conference reflects this renewed interest in several ways. The invited papers, grouped in Session I, review the charac- teristics of the detectors used in the measurement of x-rays. One paper is dedicated to the detection of single ions. Although such a subject may appear to be marginal to the purposes of the Denver Conference, we must recognize the affinity of techniques applied to similar purposes. Ion probe mass spectrometry is dedicated to tasks similar to those performed by x-ray spectrometry with the electron probe microanalyzer. Scientists and techlogists will see these two techniques discussed in the same meetings. The discussion of automation and programming is t limited to the two invited speakers, but extends to papers presented in more than one session. The matter of fluorescence analysis by isotope- and tube-excitation will also be of great interest to those concerned with the practical applications of x-ray techniques. The communications contained in this volume, and the lively discussions which frequently followed the presentation of papers, attest to the vitality of the subjects which are the concern of the Annual Denver X-ray Conference.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/06/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note225 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1104 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCharles Barrett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.