All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.77Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.43
About this product
- DescriptionInstruments for Research into Second Languages is an accessible introduction to understanding and evaluating existing and emerging methodologies in L2 research. The book provides an introduction to the data collection materials available in the IRIS database. IRIS is an open access, searchable repository of instruments used to elicit data for research into second and foreign language learning and teaching. The book is aimed at graduate students, researchers and educators in the fields of Applied Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition. Featuring contributions from top scholars in the field, this dynamic volume includes empirical research carried out using invative instruments held in IRIS, offering insights into their basic mechanics, how and why they are used, as well as the challenges they can present. The chapters describe the kinds of data (evidence about kwledge, processing, interaction, learning, and motivation) that result from these methods, and they discuss conditions that lead to reliable and valid data collection and analysis. This unique collection provides researchers, professionals, and students with up-to-date responses to practical and theoretical questions about how second language learning and teaching can be investigated using the IRIS database of instruments. IRIS was funded by the Ecomic and Social Research Council and is a long term British Academy Research Project.
- Author BiographyAlison Mackey is Professor in the Department of Linguistics at Georgetown University. Emma Marsden is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Education at the University of York.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2015
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition Research Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note12 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAlison Mackey,Emma Marsden
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.