All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublic management involves leading, coordinating, and stimulating public agencies and programs to deliver excellent performance. Research and practice of public management have developed rapidly in recent years, drawing on the fields of public policy, public administration, and business management. In carrying out their crucial roles in shaping what government delivers, public managers today must confront daunting challenges imposed by shifting policy agendas, constrained financial resources combined with constant public demands for a rich array of public services, and increasing interdependence among public, private, and third-sector institutions and actors. At the same time, these challenges and other developments offer exciting opportunities for improving kwledge and practice in public management, for the benefit of everyone. In this volume, leading scholars contribute advances in the theory, methods, and practice in this burgeoning field. The selections address four key topics: the nature and impact of public management; creative new methods for public management research; reform, reinvention, invation, and change; and, new models and frameworks for understanding and improving public management.
- Author BiographyJeffrey L. Brudney, Laurence J. O'Toole, Jr., and Hal G. Rainey are professors of political science and public administration at the University of Georgia.
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication18/07/2001
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJeffrey L. Brudney,Jr.,Laurence J. O'Toole
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.