All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery parent dreams of idyllic family days out with the kids - but every parent also kws that, when it comes to a conflict between the attractions of computer games and the pleasures of nature's playground, it often feels as if a trip to the local park is as much as you can manage. The solution: Adventure Walks for Families. It will inspire parents and their children to go adventure-walking instead of resorting to the stock venues. How? By making walking so much fun! Becky Jones and Clare Lewis have put together 25 walks, each with its own theme (from Highwaymen and Hideouts in Epping Forest to the Survival of the Fittest in Darwin's Kent), all within easy reach of London and all planned to be manageable for families. Each outing is a complete day out, each one offers something to see, draw, collect or visit. Here is a step-by-step guide for a fantastic free day in the country.
- Author BiographyBecky Jones is a documentary film maker specialising in science, history and arts programmes at the BBC and Chanel 4. The skills of fact finding, research and travelling across the globe have been honed and brought closer to home with the series of guide books Adventure Walks for Families books she has created with journalist colleague Clare Lewis. The books inspire children and families to get out and about, exploring the stories and games of an old fashioned outdoors childhood through a good tramp in the countryside. Born and bred as Londoners, and following the success of Adventure Walks for Families, Becky and Clare have since produced London Adventure Walks, The Adventurer's Notebook and The Bumper Book of London. To find out more about Adventure Walks for Families, have a look at the website www.adventurewalksforfamilies.co.uk or sign up to their facebook page Adventure Walks for Families and tweet on @adventurewalks Both live with their families in London. Clare Lewis is a journalist and former managing editor at Conde Nast, IPC and National Magazines, including Tatler, Brides, Country Living and Homes and Gardens specialising in articles on crafts, design and interiors. Her skills as a commissioning editor and writer have given her an eye for detail and putting words and pictures together in a clear format. Together with television producer Becky Jones, she created the Adventure Walks for Families series of guide books, inspiring children and families to get out and about, exploring the stories and games of an old fashioned outdoors childhood through a good tramp in the countryside. The success of the first book in the series, together with Clare's knowledge of London (as a true cockney, she was born and bred within the sound of Bow Bells) has led to the publication of London Adventure Walks, The Adventurer's Notebook and The Bumper Book of London. To find out more about Adventure Walks for Families, have a look at the website www.adventurewalksforfamilies.co.uk or sign up to their facebook page Adventure Walks for Families and tweet on @adventurewalks Both live with their families in London.
- Author(s)Becky Jones,Clare Lewis
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication12/06/2008
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteOver 100 colour and b/w illustrations
- Width112 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.