Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionADVENTURE ON THE HIGH SEAS is a ise vel about wrestlers, elevators, and anti-time. Punched through with an irreal morality of haute-punk ethos, GX Jupitter-Larsen's penchant for conveying entropy is an elegantly coded force majeure reminiscent of Henry Darger - but darker, deeper, and with a safety pin jabbed in the se of our social mores.
- Author BiographyGX Jupitter-Larsen has been involved in punk rock, mail art, cassette culture, the noise scene, and zine culture. During the 1990s he was the sound designer for the performances of Mark Pauline's Survival Research Laboratories. His best known work is as the founder of the noise act The Haters, who have performed all over the world, and appear on over 300 CD & record releases. Underlying all of GX's work is a mix of aesthetic and conceptual obsessions, particularly entropy and decay, and a self-created lexicon consisting mainly of personalized units of measurement such as the polywave, the totimorphous, and the xylowave. As a writer, GX wanted the same kind of aesthetic fanaticism in his text that the noise scene demands. He wanted to achieve, in language, the same harsh beauty that is rendered in sound by amplified erosion. He wanted a form of writing that had both the feel and sound of nothingness. Taking his cue from the noisy blank video static coming off an empty channel on a TV set, he represented vacuity in text as lines after lines of random letters; to be read one letter at a time.
- Author(s)Gx Jupitter-Larsen
- PublisherEnigmatic Ink
- Date of Publication13/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnigmatic Ink
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.