All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdventures in Immediate Irreality, the masterwork of the Romanian writer Max Blecher, vividly paints the crises of irreality that plagued him in his youth: eerie and unsettling mirages wherein he would glimpse future events. In gliding chapters that move with a peculiar dream logic of their own, this memoiristic vel sketches the tremulous, frightening, and exhilarating awakenings of a young man.
- Author BiographyMax Blecher, born in 1909 into a Jewish family in Romania, contracted tuberculosis of the spine at 19, and spent the rest of his life in hospitals. Despite his illness, he wrote steadily and carried on an intense correspondence with many, including Andre Breton, Andre Gide, and Martin Heidegger. He died at the age of 28. Working with great Czech, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, French, Italian, German, and Dutch authors, Michael Henry Heim-one of America's greatest translators-won many awards, including the Helen and Kurt Wolff Prize, the PEN/Ralph Manheim Medal for Translation and the PEN Translation Prize.
- Author(s)Max Blecher
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication10/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight160 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byMichael Henry Heim
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.