All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBenny, Thunderbolt, Bridie, Sharky and the Peretti twins are a mixed bunch of vagabonds and urchins who come together to form the New Cut Gang in two comic tales of stolen silver and skulduggery. Fake coins are turning up all over Lambeth and the finger of suspicion is pointing at Thunderbolt's dad - could he really be the forger? The crime-busting New Cut Gang come to the rescue! And when just two clues - a blob of wax and a Swedish match - are discovered at the scene of a break-in, the children find themselves on the trail of an extremely cunning criminal. Set in late Victorian London, these gripping thrillers have w been put together in a single volume - with new illustrations throughout from Horrible Histories illustrator, Martin Brown.
- Author BiographyPhilip Pullman is one of the most highly acclaimed children's authors of the decade. He has been on the shortlist of just about every major children's book award in the last few years, and has won the Smarties Prize (Gold Award, 9-11 age category) for THE FIREWORK-MAKER'S DAUGHTER and the prestigious Carnegie Medal for NORTHERN LIGHTS. He was the first children's author ever to win the Whitbread Prize for his novel THE AMBER SPYGLASS. A film of NORTHERN LIGHTS (THE GOLDEN COMPASS) was made in 2008 by New Line Cinema. He lives in Oxford.
- Author(s)Philip Pullman
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYearling (imprint of Random House Children's Books)
- Content NoteB+W t/o
- Weight248 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.