All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdverse Drug Interactions: A Handbook for Prescribers assists clinicians by providing key information on potential adverse effects that can result from prescribing two or more drugs for simultaneous use. Interactions that are likely to give rise to life-threatening conditions, and which must therefore be completely avoided, are clearly highlighted. Less threatening but netheless important interactions necessitating practical measures, such as frequent monitoring and advice to patients, are also discussed. Presented in a user-friendly format, the book is organised by drug class and provides a brief summary of the mechanism underlying a particular interaction, alternative drugs lacking the same reactions that may be considered, and instructions for monitoring patients when adverse effects occur. All interactions listed in the previous edition have been reviewed and updated using the latest information available. The clinical reality of the widespread use of potent medicines, whether allopathic, herbal or traditional, has led to the inclusion of a chapter specifically addressing over-the-counter drugs and remedies. Importantly, the increasing relevance of drug interactions due to genetic polymorphisms of metabolizing enzymes and drug transporters and the associated influence of these in ethnic groups is discussed. Also discussed is the risk of interactions in many vulnerable population groups (e.g. infancy, pregnancy, infections, liver and kidney disease). This quick and easy reference guide brings together the current evidence base with a broad range of practical prescribing experience to produce a source of advice that can be used in the clinic, pharmacy, or at the patient's bedside.
- Author BiographyEdited by Lakshman Delgoda Karalliedde, visiting professor, Faculty of Medicine Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, and visiting senior lecturer, King's College London, UK Simon Clarke, Frimley Park NHS Foundation Trust, Camberley, UK Ursula Gotel nee Collignon, St. Thomas' Hospital, London, UK Janaka Karalliedde, King's College London School of Medicine, UK
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/06/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 85 black & white tables
- Weight2040 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine66 mm
- Edited byJanaka Karalliedde,Lakshman Delgoda Karalliedde,Simon F. J. Clarke,Ursula Collignon
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.