All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionAre you a brand manager? Are you trying to develop a strategy to effectively reach African American consumers? Do you need help in understanding the consumption behavior of African Americans? If you answered yes to any of the aforementioned questions, this book is for you! How To Advertise To African Americans in the 21st Century will take you through an 11 chapter discovery of effective ways to reach this powerful ethnic consumer group. You will learn what mistakes leading consumer products companies have made in the past when targeting African Americans. Additionally, you will learn how t to repeat those mistakes that they made by effectively segmenting them and conducting sound research strategies.
- Author BiographyDr. Jamie T. Pleasant is an educator, entrepreneur, business professional, and community leader with over two decades of experience and accomplishments in academia and corporate America. Dr. Pleasant is currently a Professor of Marketing at Clark-Atlanta University and the Chief Executive Officer of Kingdom Builders Christian Center, a multi-cultural faith- and member-based community organization in Norcross, Georgia. He serves as an educator and speaker to over 500 individuals each week. Dr. Pleasant's extensive knowledge of marketing, consumer behavior, and economics changes the lives of those who desire to achieve their self-defined successes. After obtaining a bachelor's degree in Physics from Benedict College in Columbia, South Carolina, Dr. Pleasant transferred to Clemson University where he earned an athletic scholarship for football, while studying business. He further advanced his education by achieving an M.B.A. in Marketing from Clark Atlanta University. Dr. Pleasant then advanced to pursue his Ph.D., where he achieved a Georgia Tech milestone by becoming the first African American to graduate with a Ph.D. in Business Management in the school's 111-year history. Dr. Pleasant's academic tenure includes over 13 years of coaching, teaching, and mentoring students and entrepreneurs. He has taught a myriad of courses such as Principles of Marketing, Advertising, Consumer Behavior, Sales Management, Marketing Research, New Product Management, and Statistics. He is published in the Journal of Business and Economic Issues and the Journal of Healthcare Marketing, and most recently, in 2006, he became the founder and senior editor of the Journal of Ethnic Marketing. He currently lives in Alpharetta, Georgia with his wife Kimberly and is the father of Christian, and Zion and Nacara.
- Author(s)Dr Jamie T Pleasant Ph D
- PublisherBiblion Publishing
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBiblion Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.