All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionAdvertising Theory provides detailed and current explorations of key theories in the advertising discipline. The volume gives a working knowledge of the primary theoretical approaches of advertising, offering a comprehensive synthesis of the vast literature in the area. Editors Shelly Rodgers and Esther Thorson have developed this volume as a forum in which to compare, contrast, and evaluate advertising theories in a comprehensive and structured presentation. Chapters provide concrete examples, case studies, and readings written by leading advertising scholars and educators. Utilizing McGuire's persuasion matrix as the structural model for each chapter, the text offers a wider lens through which to view the phenomenon of advertising as it operates within various environments. Within each area of advertising theory - and across advertising contexts - both traditional and non-traditional approaches are addressed, including electronic word-of-mouth advertising, user-generated advertising, and social media advertising contexts. As a benchmark for the current state of advertising theory, this text will facilitate a deeper understanding for advertising students, and will be required reading for advertising theory coursework.
- Author BiographySHELLY RODGERS is Associate Professor of Strategic Communication at the Missouri School of Journalism. Her research focuses on advertising, health communication, and new technology. She is Past President of the American Academy of Advertising. ESTHER THORSON is Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research and Director of Research for the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute. She has more than 100 publications on advertising, media economics, and health communication. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Advertising.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Communication Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byEsther Thorson,Shelly Rodgers
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.