All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a critical, empirically-grounded and contemporary account of how advertisers and agencies are dealing with a volatile mediascape throughout the world, taking a region-by-region approach. It provides a clear, systematic, and syptic analysis of the dynamic relationship between media, advertisers, and agencies in the age of globalization, and in an era of transition from 'mass' to 'social' media. Advertising attracts much public criticism for the commercialization of culture and its apparent impact on social and personal life. This book outlines and assesses the issues involved, with regard to how they are manifested in different national, regional and global contexts. Topics covered include: * advertising as an object of study * global trends in the advertising industry * advertising and the media in motion * current issues in advertising, media and society * advertising, globalization and world regions. While maintaining a contemporary focus, the book explains developments over recent decades as background to the globalisation of what it calls the manufacturing-marketing-media complex.
- Author BiographyJohn Sinclair is an Honorary Professorial Fellow in the Australian Centre at the University of Melbourne. He has become internationally acknowledged over the last twenty-five years for his research on the globalisation of media industries. This has been published in the leading journals of the field, as well as various books, notably Images Incorporated: Advertising as Industry and Ideology (1987); New Patterns in Global Television: Peripheral Vision (1996, edited, with Stuart Cunningham and Liz Jacka); Latin American Television: A Global View (1999); and Contemporary World Television (2004, edited, with Graeme Turner).
- Author(s)John Sinclair
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2012
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.