Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about children and advertising in China, the country with the largest children population in the world. As China rapidly becomes a market-driven ecomy, and it's one-child-per-family policy spreads throughout society and repositions children as focal points of family life, effective marketing to children and their parents demands good information about them. Providing answers to various questions the book also draws conclusions about Chinese children as a market and its implications for advertisers and marketers, parents, policy makers and social groups.
- Author BiographyKara Chan is Associate Professor at the Department of Communication Studies, Hong Kong Baptist University. She teaches advertising creativity, advertising and social communication, and communication research methods. She worked in the advertising and public relations profession and as a statistician for the Hong Kong Government before she joined the University. She has published over twenty articles on advertising and consumer behavior in Hong Kong and China. She was a Fulbright Scholar at Bradley University, Illinois for 1999 to 2000. James U. McNeal is Visiting Professor at Guanghua School of Management, Peking University, China where he teaches a course in children consumer behavior. He has studied children's consumer behavior for over 35 years. He is author of over 50 articles and three books on the subject. A consultant to a wide range of producers and retailers that target children and their families in the U.S. and worldwide, he also advises a number of not-for-profit organizations that are interested in children.
- Author(s)James U. McNeal,Kara Chan
- PublisherThe Chinese University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2004
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintThe Chinese University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight476 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.