All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis new translation of Padampa Sangye's One Hundred Verses, beautifully rendered into English, provides timely guidance for people trying to practice the Buddhist path in the workaday world. The urgency of spiritual practice has seldom been as simply and powerfully conveyed as it is in Padampa Sangye s One Hundred Verses. This Tibetan Buddhist classic is an antidote to the tendency we all have to waste our precious human lives. Khenchen Thrangu s lively commentary on the text brings to light its subtleties and amplifies its applicability to our daily struggles, showing how an understanding of its teaching on impermanence is the key to working with common difficulties such as loneliness, craving, betrayal, competitive colleagues, or squabbling families. It speaks to us today as profoundly as it did to the people of Dingri, Tibet, to whom it was first addressed a millennium ago.
- Author BiographyPADAMPA SANGYE was an eleventh-century Indian yogi and spiritual master (also known as Kamalashila) who traveled widely throughout his life and brought Indian Buddhist teachings to China and Tibet. Best known as Machig Labdron's teacher, he is counted as a lineage guru by all schools of Tibetan Buddhism and is even asserted in the Tibetan tradition to have been the legendary Bodhidharma. KHENCHEN THRANGU is an eminent teacher of the Kagyu tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. He was appointed by the Dalai Lama to be the personal tutor for His Holiness the Seventeenth Karmapa and has authored many books, including Pointing Out the Dharmakaya, Everyday Consciousness and Primordial Awareness, and Vivid Awareness.
- Author(s)Padampa Sangye,Thrangu Khenchen
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/09/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight159 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.